The entire town lies in the shadow of the remnants of an enormous vessel of some kind.
History: It’s been about 30 years since there were any really active adventurers in Husk. But really, it was a hundred years ago that going out in the Wastes became extremely dangerous. That was when the Big Tribe met its end, no cress there.
Of course, the most famous “adventuerer”, if you could call him that, was Tag, the waster who helped found the town with the help of Calia Crucius. They said he was daft to try to settle so close to the Husk, but a few hundred years on, and we’re still here.
Features of Husk:
1. Protection from winds
2. Rain shadow / runoff (the ship itself is tall and cool, and condensation runs through it from the other side and runs down the inner side in rivulets)
3. Crater (oasis where the water gathers from the ship’s runoff)
4. Natural fortification.
5. “We dream of a time before Wasters like us ever found the ship, when the ones who lived here thought it might run again, before its engines cooled, before birds used it as a place to roost and moss grew on its hull.”
6. The people of Husk have heard of Wingsfall and Shadowspan, to the east and south, but no Waster has been to those places in living memory. A few Tiefers made the journey from Shadowspan to here years back, but they said it’s not worth it – they say those places were just like Husk, but with more murder.
7. It used to be that pieces of the ship could do amzing things, but it’s been centuries since the whole ship was gutted for parts. Now all that remains is the husk.